Short Term Course in Photography
Course Description :
Photography is the science, art, application and practice of creating durable images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as photographic film.
Course Modules :
Introduction to photography
- The most common areas of photography.
- The equipment you’ll need now or later.
- Taking photos in public places.
Digitally editing your photographs
- Re-invent photographs as new and different images.
- What you can do with photo editing software.
- Picture orientation.
- Altering brightness and contrast.
- Hue and saturation.
- Red eye.
- Printing and saving.
- The do’s and don’ts of professional photography.
- How to avoid the mistakes amateurs often make.
- What you should know about digital photography.
- Tricks of the trade – how to shoot like a pro.
- The professional mindset – how think and act like a pro.
A guide to your manual settings
- Getting the right exposure.
- Setting aperture.
- Altering the shutter speed.
- Understanding ISO.
- How aperture, shutter speed, and ISO work together.
- Other manual controls.
Techniques for taking professional photographs
- Tripods and their importance.
- Types of lenses.
- Vantage points and how they affect your photo.
- Lines, curves and shapes in your photographs.
- The importance of foreground interest.
- Rule of thirds.
- How background imagery influences your photos.
- The different types of lighting.
- The reflection of light.
- Outdoor lighting – sunlight.
- Recommended equipment for outdoor lighting.
- Introduction to indoor lighting.
- Photographing indoors – the technical issues.
- A checklist for better travel photos.
- How to research and prepare for your trip.
- What equipment should you take?
- Camera bags.
- Digital storage.
The great outdoors: nature and landscapes
- Nature photography.
- Landscape photography .
- Recommended gear.
- Camera techniques for capturing your images.
- How lighting affects your photos.
- Displaying your images and finding markets.
- Captioning and recording data.
- The difference between studio and on-location portrait photography.
- How lighting affects a portrait.
- What kind of gear you need to shoot portraits.
- How to interact with your clients.
- How to handle fidgety children during a session.
- How to lay out your studio.
Photo manipulation techniques
- What layers are and what they are used for.
- How to use layers.
- How to apply a layer mask.
- What the brush tool is and how to use it.
- How to apply an adjustment layer.
- How to merge layers.
- How to use the dodge and burn tools.
- Adding a lens vignette to your photo.
Product and advertisement photography
- Why you should consider having a specialty in advertisement.
- How to select one or more specialties.
- Photographing products.
- How to choose your lighting.
- Tips on setting up a professional photo studio.
- How advertising photographers get assignments.
- How to find potential clients.
- What is fashion?
- The role of the fashion photographer .
- Expressing yourself as a fashion photographer.
- Developing a style.
- Shooting fashion shows.
- Techniques in fashion photography.
- Marketing and branding yourself.
- Sourcing contacts.
- Photographing models in the studio.
- The basics of photojournalism.
- How to capture the perfect photograph .
- Why context is so important.
- Finding (and getting) freelance photojournalism work.
Developing a digital presence
- The importance of having a digital presence.
- Why you should build a website, and how to do it .
- The benefits of a photo blog and how it works.
- Using social networks to establish your business.
- How your website, photo blog, and social networking work together.
Marketing your business
- Providing samples of your work.
- Business cards.
- Local press.
- Direct mail.
- Print ads.
More Details about Photography, Contact More Details
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes